Clinical Informatics Specialist - Full Time
The Clinical Informatics Specialist is responsible for specific tasks associated with the implementation and support of all clinical applications inclusive of patient access and revenue cycle. This position will deliver training and education to all existing and new end users in the organization business, regulatory, quality of care and outcome objectives. In addition, they will be responsible for the design and improvement of the clinical informatics software training programs and related courseware. The Clinical Informatics Specialist will act as an information systems departmental liaison between corporate and assigned facilities to ensure that all education documentation and system enhancements/change requests are properly updated and communicated to the leadership teams, clinical staff and non-clinical staff.
2. Develop, publish andimplement training modules for new, existing and upgraded clinical informaticssoftware, including all education materials, training schedules, exercises andskill evaluations.
3. Create and administertraining event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integratechanges in curriculum and/or courses..
4. Gain an in-depth knowledge ofclinical software, operational workflows, and clinical informatics softwaredata analysis and determine how best to maximize clinical software functionalityto complement and improve workflows.
5. Train corporate and facilitybased managers, supervisors, providers and non-providers to optimize the use ofclinical informatics software through implementation, education, training,quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizationalgoals.
6. Assist in the development ofpolicies and procedures for the use of clinical informatics software ad supportend user accountability to those policies and procedures.
7. Incorporate change managementprinciples to facilitate workflow and business process changes, ensuring thesuccess and optimization of new upgraded clinical informatics software.
8. Ensure that new or upgradedclinical informatics software is used in a way to maintain patient confidentialityand privacy, in accordance with HIPAA and all other applicable regulatoryagency requirements.
9. Implement Help/Support Desksolutions on-site as needed and provide feedback on potential issues.
10. Works closely with corporateleadership, facility leadership and vendor project managers during clinicalsystem implementations, upgrades, and/or enhancements.
11. Assist in live conversionplans for new and upgraded systems.
12. May be required to provide firstline of support for facility level provider/non-provider clinical staffregarding training, system support and communication.
13. May be required to provide anactive leadership role in various corporate committees to include but notlimited to Change Management, Multidisciplinary Informatics Board (MIB) andcompliance.
14. Participate in design andtesting of the application functions.
15. Insure clinical needs andworkflows are evaluated and validated when implementation plans are developedby collecting input from end users.
16. Assess the implications onnursing operations and processes of patient care delivery when assisting inresolution and support of departmental issues during unplanned and planeddowntimes.
17. Participate in developmentand testing of the application functions.
18. Assist in live conversion plansfor new and upgraded systems
19. Perform all other duties asassigned.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience: 5 years of experience in clinical setting. 2 - 4 years of experience with clinical information systems and/or clinical informatics preferred. Management experience helpful. Computer knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements/business needs into system specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of process and system design techniques preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather, organize and present data.
- Attention to detail with a proven track record of highly accurate work output.
- Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to include speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products or similar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely manner.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: Current AZ RN License or able to obtain.
Equal Opportunity Employers; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled