Lab Assistant - Full Time - Evening/ Nights
Prepares skin site and performsvenipuncture and skin punctures according to established aseptic techniques toobtain blood specimens in accordance with physician orders. Instructs patientsin specimen collection methods and procedures in an age appropriate manner (ie:urinalysis and bacteriology), and obtains specimens for culture and analysis.Treats patients and families with dignity and respect. Labels and recordsspecimens obtained, transports them to the laboratory and distributes toappropriate laboratory area for analysis. Prepares blood for testing.
Shift: 2pm to Midnight
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
- Previous phlebotomy experience or schooling and knowledge ofaseptic methods and basic medical terminology required,
or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency aftersuccessful completion of an on the job training period.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively inEnglish. Additional languages helpful.
- Must be familiar withvarious computer software applications or LIS and type a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMinorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled