Nurse Manager - Generations - Full Time
Responsible for assuring that nursing department staffing meets the acuity needs of the patients and remains within available resources. Directs patient care activities in the assigned Nursing Administrative Departments. Manages staff in the Department and provides consultative services in operational and nursing activities to all nursing departments. Consults with Hospital staff, physicians and the Executive Leadership on nursing issues and interpretation of Hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Evaluate and monitor the skills of Agency / Temporary staff. Participate in quality and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementation and evaluation, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Serves as Facility Service Administrator for electronic staffing and scheduling systems.
This position is responsible for a 36 bed Gero/Behavioral unit located in St. Luke's Medical Center.
- Completion of RN program with ADN or BSN degree, and at least three years of behavioral health experience including charge experience. Supervisor experience is preferred.
- Current RN license with the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Annual CPI certification or re-certification.
- Seclusion and restraint training annually.
- CPR certification every two years.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Annual web-based online learning requirements.
- Annual blood glucose monitoring competency.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled